We’re glad you’re here and would like to welcome you in person on Sunday mornings!
You’re invited to join us this Sunday, April 28, 2019, for a single service at 10:00 a.m.
Come connect, grow, and serve! Below are details that will give you a good snapshot of this community. Feel free to check out the rest of this website as well, or email Associate Pastor Liz Nickerson at email@example.com. She’d be happy to answer any questions you have.
- We’re a church nestled on the edge of the Scarsdale Community of Arlington Heights, about a mile southeast of downtown AH and next to Dryden Elementary School, in the ‘burbs of Chicago.
- A church of only 300+ members, we’re small enough where you can be known and missed, but large enough to enjoy a diversity of programs and opportunities.
- Visitors frequently comment that we are very friendly, comfortable, and inspiring.
- Currently our staff includes two pastors, Senior Pastor, Matt Gearke and Associate Pastor Liz Nickerson, and other support staff.
- We’re Presbyterian by denomination (PCUSA), and we appreciate our heritage and traditions (which keeps us grounded and reasonable people), but we are not so tied to our denomination to be stuck in the past or stodgy–we like to keep things current and relevant, and focused on Jesus.
- We have diversity opinions regarding church and faith, so there is room to think, but the staff and leadership remain kingdom-focused and want to build disciples of Christ.
- We like small groups a lot. It’s one thing to be in a worship service and hear a message and sing songs, but it’s another thing to talk, be known, and to verbalize who you are and what you think.
- During the school year, we offer two worship services on Sundays: 9:00 a.m. Traditional (hymns, robes, choir, liturgy) and 11:00 a.m. Contemporary (casual dress, praise songs, children’s time). We enjoy fellowship and are mission focused on community and national service.
- During the summer months, we offer one 10:00 a.m. worship service that alternates between contemporary and traditional worship.
- Our PDO Preschool Program meets during the school year Tuesday – Friday, 9:00 a.m.- 1:00 p.m. for 1-5 year olds. It keeps the vibe around here fun and bustling during the day!
- We know a lot of people face challenges, so we have a Stephen Ministry care program that can help members and non-members on a one-on-one basis.
- We govern ourselves with representative democracy, which is where the name Presbyterian comes from. Representatives called elders are elected from the congregation to make decisions together. (This group is called the Council.)
- We’re a well-rounded church with a lot of different teams, such as Church Life, Neighborhood Connect, and Mission. Each team has many members, but you don’t have to be a church-member to participate, and each team has elders who represent them. Below is a complete list of our teams:
- Adult Education (spiritual formation of adults, small Bible study groups)
- Children’s (nursery through 5th grade – Sunday School and many events year-round)
- Church Life (events, membership, outreach)
- Deacons (special needs and crisis help)
- Justice/Faith in Action (justice issues impacting our local community)
- Mission (both local opportunities and broader-reaching organizations; both evangelism and service-valued)
- Nominating (helping the church equip itself with leaders)
- Stewardship and Finance
- Worship (both traditional and contemporary)
- Youth (6th-12th grade – Sunday School and many events year-round)
So, we think we have a pretty good thing going. Places to be involved, places to grow, and a good variety of opportunities. We offer places for all ages, both separately in specialized programs and together in inter-generational events. Our vision is to connect, grow, and serve, and enthusiasm to run with that.
Check us out on our Facebook page to see what we’re doing now!