SUNNY DAYS is at capacity for Summer 2019
Sunny Days at Southminster
Welcome to our Summer Session!
June 18 – August 1, 2019
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays
9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Camp will not be in session on Thursday, July 4
9:00 a.m. Children arrive, free play, art project
10:30 a.m. Clean up time, bathroom break with hand washing
10:45 a.m. Snack time (drink and crackers/cookies provided)
11:00 a.m. Station rotation (determined daily and weather permitting) sand and water play, outside art, music, etc.
11:30 a.m. Playground time at Dryden Park and in Fellowship Hall
11:50 a.m. Bathroom break and hand washing
12:00 p.m. Lunch / Picnic
12:45 p.m. Clean-up time
12:50 p.m. Circle time, including stories and songs
1:00 p.m. Pick up
What to bring for your child’s day:
- Lunch, including a drink. A cold pack is helpful to ensure your child’s lunch stays fresh. Refrigeration is not available. Please send a simple lunch consisting of foods your child will enjoy and is able to eat by themselves. Some ideas: sandwiches, cut up meat and cheese, fruit cups, yogurt, applesauce, veggies, granola bars, crackers/chips, etc. A frozen juice box makes a great ice pack and is usually slushy and ready to drink by noon.
- A bathing suit with a small towel for warm weather. Please include a plastic bag for sending home wet items. On swimming days, children may come to SUNNY DAYS in bathing suits with a cover up. Bikinis and tankinis work well for girls. Swim shirts with swim shorts work well for boys.
- Extra clothes for spills or accidents
- Diapers and wipes for children not yet potty trained.
PLEASE LABEL YOUR CHILD’S ITEMS! LABELING IS A HUGE HELP FOR TEACHERS TRYING TO IDENTIFY BELONGINGS!
Tuition: The first payment is due by May 17. Registration will be canceled if this payment is not received by this date. A box will be on the sign-in table and a reminder note will be on the front door. Payments can be sent in or dropped off at Southminster. Make checks payable to Southminster Presbyterian. Late Payments will be charged a $15.00 late fee if received after the following dates:
- First payment due by 5-17-2019 (one-half of total cost) Refunds are not available after 6/1/19.
- Second payment due 6-20-2019
There is no reduction in fees for absences, holidays, vacations, non attendance or inclement weather.
*****Classes will be canceled only for the protection of your child if severe weather is expected. In the event that PDO is canceled, families will received a phone call by 8:00 a.m. the morning of class.***** You can also check the website for more information www.spcah.org.
Drop off and Pick up: Please sign your child in at the table located in the hallway, and include a phone number where you may be reached that day. Teachers will call this number first before using the registration form.
What to wear: Children should be dressed in comfortable play clothes. Gym shoes are recommended. Layers also work well since it may be cooler in the morning.
Discipline: It is our hope that your child will learn to share and respect others. We will apply the following discipline procedure, if discipline is necessary: First, we will redirect the behavior. Second, we will remind the child of their expected behavior. Third, a time-out may be necessary, followed by an explanation. If necessary, we will notify parents.
SUNSCREEN MUST BE APPLIED BEFORE THE CHILD IS DROPPED OFF AT PDO. TEACHERS ARE NOT ABLE TO APPLY ANY LOTIONS.
Rainy day fun: If the weather does not permit outside play, we may allow the children a “popcorn and movie time.” Videos will be age appropriate and no longer than 20 minutes. We will serve younger children corn puffs rather than popcorn. This activity will be used in moderation.
Water play: We will have sprinklers and several wading pools available when the weather is warm (80 degrees and above). Staff will determine the best days for these activities. One pool will be a non-splash zone for children who do not like to have water in their faces. We will allow splashing in other pools. All pools and water tables are drained and sanitized with bleach daily and filled with fresh water in the morning.
Thank you for choosing SUNNY DAYS!
Questions? Email Tricia email@example.com.
About the Program
SUNNY DAYS is a summer camp extension of our Parents’ Day Out program. SUNNY DAYS is a seven week program that includes all the fun of regular PDO and many added outdoor activities. Summer session will include arts and crafts, wading pools, sprinklers, water and sand play, stories and music! Your child will be cared for by experienced staff.
- We accept registration for children between the ages of 2 and 5 years of age.
- Space is limited and will be filled on a first come, first served basis. Days fill quickly!
- We welcome you to visit our program……..designed especially for preschoolers!
Days, Times & Fees
TUESDAYS, WEDNESDAYS, THURSDAYS
9:00 am until 1:00 pm
- 1 day per week – $170.00 7 weeks
- 2 days per week – $340.00 7 weeks
- 3 days per week – $510.00 7 weeks
A $40.00 deposit per child is required and due at the time of registration to ensure a spot in camp. This fee is due at sign up and is non-refundable. Unfortunately, it is not possible to prorate fees due to vacation, missed days or illness. No refunds are issued after camp has started.
SUNNY DAYS information will be sent home to currently enrolled families through children’s backpacks in January 2019. New families can pick up a forms at the church.
A deposit is required when enrollment forms are turned in. Payment can be made by cash, check, or through our HEADMASTER online system. Payments for new families can be made through cash or check made out to Southminster Presbyterian.
Email Tricia at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.