PDO Guidelines for COVID -19
To ensure the health and safety of your children and our staff, we have added several procedures to our school day. In addition to our regular cleaning routines……….
* Drop offs and pick ups will be at the front doors. (Parents/caregivers will not enter the school at this time.)
* Temperatures taken daily. ( touchless ) Children with a temperature of 100 degrees or above will be sent home and can not return until fever free for 48 hours without medication.
* Daily health check forms will be filled out by parents prior to entering ( in place of sign in ). Parents need to certify that the child is healthy and able to participate in the activities at school each day of attendance.
* Masks required for all staff, parents, and children when waiting for entry or pick up.
* Practice social distancing at doors when waiting for entry or pick up.
* Masks are encouraged for children 2 years old and up with frequent breaks. Masks are removed for snack, lunch and outside play. For our children that are new to the mask , we will be working on keeping the masks on for longer periods of time during our school day. If you child tolerates the mask well, staff will help with correct usage.
* Classes remain in small groups or ” bubbles” throughout the day to limit the exposure to others during the day at school.
* Outside play/ space will be used as weather permits.
* If your child has close contact to a COVID-19 case, they should stay home from school/quarantine with the advice of a pediatrician.
*COVID -19 tests/negative results may be required to return to school. A doctors note will be needed if symptoms are attributed to allergies, rash, and post cold infection to indicate no suspicion of contagious illness.
*Families who choose to travel during this time will be expected to quarantine or have a negative test to return to school. Check with your doctor for guidance.
* Frequent hand washing/ hand sanitizing.
* EPA approved disinfectant used/ electrostatic cleaning at the end of each day.
Going back to school this fall will require schools and families working together to accomplish the goal of a healthy place for children to learn and play…..day by day!
To better accommodate our school day, we will begin drop offs from 8:55 am until 9:10 am and pick up from 12:50 pm until 1:05 pm. Teachers will be taking children to their classrooms, washing hands, and putting back packs away. Teachers will accompany children to the doors to meet their parents at the end of the day.
We will be using our FACEBOOK page to display pictures of the children, activities and class updates through out the week.
These procedures may change depending on current conditions in our area. We use the Illinois Department of Public Health/ CDC/DCFS for guidance.
Learn and play . . . day by day
September 9 : OPEN HOUSE 10:00-12:00 JOIN US! We look forward to meeting you!
September 14 : Classes begin
October 1 : Tuition due
November 1 : Tuition due
Nov 23, 24, 25, 26 : PDO CLOSED: Thanksgiving Break
December 1 : Tuition due
Dec 20 – Jan 3 : PDO CLOSED: Holiday Break
January 1 : Tuition due
January 4 : Classes resume after Holiday break
February 1 : Tuition due
March 1 : Tuition due
Mar 21- Mar 28 : PDO CLOSED for Spring Break
April 1 : Tuition due final payment
April 15 : PDO CLOSED for Good Friday
June 3 : Last day of classes
For more information. please email Tricia at email@example.com.