Come, connect, grow and serve
The mission of Southminster Church is to connect, grow, and serve. We would love for you to join us in living out this mission as followers of Christ. To spell out our mission a little more clearly:
We connect with others, sharing God’s life-changing power and love.
We grow in our spiritual lives through worship, friendship, prayer, and scripture.
We serve others following Jesus’ example of compassion and generosity.
Southminster affirms the historic creeds of the Presbyterian Church USA as listed in the Book of Confessions. The book of confessions contains a record of statements of faith that the church throughout time has believed. In everyday language, we explain them this way:
- We believe that Jesus is the son of God and our unique model, helping us relate to others.
- We believe that all people are children of God and loved by God.
- We believe the Bible is God’s authoritative guide to live by.
- We believe the purpose of the church is not to make us more religious, but to help us love God and love and serve all people.
- We believe that spiritual practices, like prayer, reading the Bible, and being part of a faith community, empower us to live as Jesus followers.
- We believe we need each other and are called to connect to others near and far sharing God’s love and peace.
- We believe that when we gather to worship, we are refueled as Jesus followers.
- We believe that we each stumble in life, but that through God’s unconditional love, we are given new beginnings.
- We believe in generously sharing our gifts of time, talent, and resources with others.
- We believe that God may be calling you to be a part of our community of faith.