Come, connect, grow and serve
We strive to be an Oasis – a space of hope, healing and renewal.
Southminster affirms the historic creeds of the Presbyterian Church USA as listed in the Book of Confessions. The book of confessions contains a record of statements of faith that the church throughout time has believed. In everyday language, we explain them this way:
- We believe that Jesus is the son of God and our unique model, helping us relate to others.
- We believe that all people are children of God and loved by God.
- We believe the Bible is God’s authoritative guide to live by.
- We believe the purpose of the church is not to make us more religious, but to help us love God and love and serve all people.
- We believe that spiritual practices, like prayer, reading the Bible, and being part of a faith community, empower us to live as Jesus followers.
- We believe we need each other and are called to connect to others near and far sharing God’s love and peace.
- We believe that when we gather to worship, we are refueled as Jesus followers.
- We believe that we each stumble in life, but that through God’s unconditional love, we are given new beginnings.
- We believe in generously sharing our gifts of time, talent, and resources with others.
- We believe that God may be calling you to be a part of our community of faith.
God comes to us in free and undeserved favor in the person of Jesus Christ who lived, died, and rose for us that we might belong to God and serve Christ in the world. Following Jesus, Presbyterians are engaged in the world and in seeking thoughtful solutions to the challenges of our time.
Presbyterians affirm that God comes to us with grace and love in the person of Jesus Christ, who lived, died, and rose for us so that we might have eternal and abundant life in him. As Christ’s disciples, called to ministry in his name, we seek to continue his mission of teaching the truth, feeding the hungry, healing the broken, and welcoming strangers. God sends the Holy Spirit to dwell within us, giving us the energy, intelligence, imagination, and love to be Christ’s faithful disciples in the world.
More than two million people call the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) their spiritual home. Worshiping in 10,000 Presbyterian congregations throughout the United States, they engage the communities in which they live and serve with God’s love.
To find out more about this denomination, come to the PCUSA main website.